A little about me...

My photo
Merry Meet! My name is Sonja and I'm a proud and honored practitioner of Neo-Pagan Dianic Wicca/Witchcraft. Dianic Witchcraft (sometimes known as "Feminist Witchcraft") combines elements of British Traditional Wicca, Italian folk magic, feminist values, rituals, and healing magic. I worship the Goddess only (honoring male deities as Her consort when required). This blog was developed as a place where I can freely express myself, both as a Witch and as a woman. I can recall from a very young age I have always had a special connection to Mother Nature (as most Wiccans do), and throughout my adolescence, my interests spread into divination (Runic & Tarot), spell casting, candle magick, herbal medicine and magicks, and afterlife acknowledgement (seeing or communing with ghosts/spirits/elementals). As more Witches "come out of the broom closet", more and more information is available on the subject, the community is growing; not just on Witchcraft but other consciousness-expanding subjects as well. It makes my heart happy to know this renaissance is taking place :) So please, enjoy my rants & raves, whether from Witch or woman :) Blessed Be )O(

Monday, February 7, 2011

Does coffee taste better outside in the sunshine?

I can't think of anything cute or clever to introduce this blog with right now, because the thought of going outside in the morning with my coffee and walking around & squishing my toes in cool, dew-drenched grass is consuming me. This is natural, I suppose, for those of us who get to enjoy four seasons a year. Especially around now...

So to feed my soul and get my sanity back, I went and got an Umbrella plant and some Miracle Gro for my ferns. I gotta tell ya, it has definitely helped me. So, in typical Sonja fashion I get sidetracked with thoughts of spring and I start researching how to design different garden beds, shade loving plants, etc. All it did was make me miss Spring even more.




Naturally I will suck it up and watch "Fool's Gold" to get my tropics fix. I will go out and get more clear quartz and moss agate to give my plants good vibes, I'll probably wear my malachite jewelry like it's going out of style, but I am chompin' at the bit to see some green outside! lol :) Starting some sproutlings ought to help me reconnect with Earth and Spirit, since with over 3 feet of snow covering my yard, envisioning a lush, green paradise is a bit difficult. I've always been a visual learner...

I suppose that with all the collective yearnings for spring in the world, we will have a wonderfully green and wet spring before we know it :) With all the blessings that spring gives, it will undoubtedly make me miss the chillier winter months before long. So goes the circle of life, so goes the balance of nature.

Here's to longing for spring. Then summer. Then autumn. Then winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment