A little about me...

My photo
Merry Meet! My name is Sonja and I'm a proud and honored practitioner of Neo-Pagan Dianic Wicca/Witchcraft. Dianic Witchcraft (sometimes known as "Feminist Witchcraft") combines elements of British Traditional Wicca, Italian folk magic, feminist values, rituals, and healing magic. I worship the Goddess only (honoring male deities as Her consort when required). This blog was developed as a place where I can freely express myself, both as a Witch and as a woman. I can recall from a very young age I have always had a special connection to Mother Nature (as most Wiccans do), and throughout my adolescence, my interests spread into divination (Runic & Tarot), spell casting, candle magick, herbal medicine and magicks, and afterlife acknowledgement (seeing or communing with ghosts/spirits/elementals). As more Witches "come out of the broom closet", more and more information is available on the subject, the community is growing; not just on Witchcraft but other consciousness-expanding subjects as well. It makes my heart happy to know this renaissance is taking place :) So please, enjoy my rants & raves, whether from Witch or woman :) Blessed Be )O(

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's job, right?






The last weeks of 2010 were such a career hell for me I cannot express in polite language how they drove me mad & depleted the last of my patience reserves. Sadly enough, when we make our way into a new year, our problems don't always stay in the past with the turning of the clock hands. This is my case, as all the pushing I have done to try to guide my life down a successful and lucrative path has backfired. I suppose I don't get why every professional life coach and psychotherapist tells us that we have to be an active participant in our lives if we want it to go our way when more alternative scholars and "professionals" are always saying that no matter how we push and no matter how involved we are in shaping our lives we will always get what we need in our lives, we just have to wait patiently and read the signs. Life just keeps pushing back at me, I'm tired of waiting for career success, and I'm done with it!!! (For today anyways.... lol) Basically I am trying to find out why I'm the target of this karmic toilet dump on my life.

The past three weeks I have been overworked and under-appreciated. Sure, this happens to everyone at times in their lives, but I have been working for years at getting ahead in my field. I thought for sure that this winter was going to put me in the golden seat, springing me ahead as a respected figure in my work community. Well, that didn't happen, and someone else got the job. Someone I didn't necessarily think was good for the job. Now my conundrum is that I don't like her for the job I pretty much coveted since I started working there. However, I do like her as a person, we are even friendly. I shouldn't really complain about it b/c we have similar ideas about how the spa should be run, how to fix communication issues, etc. Though it stings to admit (being a proud person, it's always tough admitting) but I'm really glad that she got the job and not someone else whose ideas and m.o. I don't agree with. I really mean that. I would have had a much more difficult time adjusting had it not been her.

Don't get me wrong, I still want that position, and I think I'm an excellent candidate for it. However, after reflecting [too many hours] on it, I kinda really do want to see my coworker succeed. It's weird, and I don't know quite how to feel about it, but I think she deserves a chance at making some positive changes around my workplace before I go griping about it...

I suppose in the meantime I will just sit back and see what happens. Which is probably what the universe had wanted me to do in the first place....

No comments:

Post a Comment