Yesterday evening I had a wonderful date with my husband, who took me to Skyburgers for my fave Fish Taco burger, and then to UVM for a baseball game. We had a great time and it was reminisce of when we first started dating, being silly and showing PDA. As we are watching the game, he is sharing with me his knowledge of baseball, which isn't much but much more than mine. He tells me that the Chinese and Japanese are HUGE baseball fans, which is astonishing to me, and he asks, "Haven't you seen 'Mr. Baseball?'"
"Uh, nope. Can't say I have, babe."
"Well, it's an older movie staring Tom Selleck as a washed up old MLB player who is given a second chance at glory overseas in Japan."
"Oh, ok."
We continue watching the game without interuption when lo and behold, a player from the visiting team's name is Burt Reynolds!! (This guy was black and had no resemblance to the actor). So as the announcer is introducing him ("...and here is number 35, Burt Reynolds!"), my hubs starts shouting, "WOO!!! GO BURT REYNOLDS!!"
And me getting so excited by all the shouting and merriment, shout "YEAH! BURT REYNOLDS! GO MR. BASEBALL!!!!"
Now....
My husband goes dead silent as all the fun drips from his face, replaced by a patronizing smile, and says, "... you got the wrong mustache, babe. Mr. Baseball is Tom Selleck. Not Burt Reynolds..."
MOST EPIC BLONDE MOMENT IN HERSTORY
We're laughing so friggin hard & I can't breathe or make a sound for the next 5 mins. Then he says to me (as his arm is drapped over my shoulder), "Babe, that blonde moment was so epic that I swear my arm hair just turned platinum. Thank you for that, I love you."
No prob, babe. Love you too.
A little about me...
- IvyandtheGreenEyedCat
- Merry Meet! My name is Sonja and I'm a proud and honored practitioner of Neo-Pagan Dianic Wicca/Witchcraft. Dianic Witchcraft (sometimes known as "Feminist Witchcraft") combines elements of British Traditional Wicca, Italian folk magic, feminist values, rituals, and healing magic. I worship the Goddess only (honoring male deities as Her consort when required). This blog was developed as a place where I can freely express myself, both as a Witch and as a woman. I can recall from a very young age I have always had a special connection to Mother Nature (as most Wiccans do), and throughout my adolescence, my interests spread into divination (Runic & Tarot), spell casting, candle magick, herbal medicine and magicks, and afterlife acknowledgement (seeing or communing with ghosts/spirits/elementals). As more Witches "come out of the broom closet", more and more information is available on the subject, the community is growing; not just on Witchcraft but other consciousness-expanding subjects as well. It makes my heart happy to know this renaissance is taking place :) So please, enjoy my rants & raves, whether from Witch or woman :) Blessed Be )O(
Ha! Love moments like that and I am all too familiar with blonde moments and I'm not a blonde! Great that you two could laugh about it too. :)
ReplyDelete