A little about me...

My photo
Merry Meet! My name is Sonja and I'm a proud and honored practitioner of Neo-Pagan Dianic Wicca/Witchcraft. Dianic Witchcraft (sometimes known as "Feminist Witchcraft") combines elements of British Traditional Wicca, Italian folk magic, feminist values, rituals, and healing magic. I worship the Goddess only (honoring male deities as Her consort when required). This blog was developed as a place where I can freely express myself, both as a Witch and as a woman. I can recall from a very young age I have always had a special connection to Mother Nature (as most Wiccans do), and throughout my adolescence, my interests spread into divination (Runic & Tarot), spell casting, candle magick, herbal medicine and magicks, and afterlife acknowledgement (seeing or communing with ghosts/spirits/elementals). As more Witches "come out of the broom closet", more and more information is available on the subject, the community is growing; not just on Witchcraft but other consciousness-expanding subjects as well. It makes my heart happy to know this renaissance is taking place :) So please, enjoy my rants & raves, whether from Witch or woman :) Blessed Be )O(

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Simply stated, yesthankyouverymuch.

When it comes to wearing a dress, let's just say I'm not so eager to jump in one after having a baby. I know, I know, it's been over 2 yrs but I still don't have my pre-baby body back. This insecurity has contributed towards my ever growing drawer of sweatpants and guinea tees, which are the basis of my daily ensemble. Not that there is anything wrong with "Give-ups" as I call them, but it won't swing when I have a wedding to attend in less than a month.

Since I've gotten the invite, I've been stressing on what to wear. Now of course I know I'm going to wear a dress, but what one?! (Activate freak out mode). So over the weeks I've window shopped online, at a few stores, but still no dress. After hours of parousing the hundreds of cute dresses online and wallowing in my own self-hate, I realized something... I'm definitely not as big as I think I am and I have a killer sense of what looks good on me. (This is where I beat myself up more for not being as confident as I should be.)

Enter my holy grail of dresses. It is sexy, unique, comfortable fabric, and is cut to flatter my "problem areas". I want to kiss the designer on the mouth for making this dress. Now typically I work my outfit around my shoes but with this dress any shoe could really work, alleviating that stressful decision. So far this dress has really done so much for me and I haven't even worn it yet! Point is I have found the one. The one dress I can feel gorgeous in (with my current body shape) and that's what really matters.

I present to you the fabulous frock and it's wonderful accessories. And yes, makeup is an accessory; I don't need to wear it but it's so much sexy fun!!

FROCK

space age sexy dress


HAIR/MAKEUP (side note: hair will be not be so "romantic". More undone, I'm thinking.)

fashion,hair,sexy,blond,blonde,updo,redken,smoky eye


SHOES (side note: These are Yves Saint Laurent. I only wish I could afford a pair but I will find a comparable style and color.)

nude,stiletto,platform,wedge,designer,strappy,sexy

No comments:

Post a Comment