Ok. So I have an issue. I am a proud witch, meaning I am very proud of my spiritual path, so of course I would like to find others who feel the same way. Other witches who want to talk about their experiences and such. So why is it so difficult to find these people!!?? Am I going mad? Perhaps I'm not looking in the right places.... Perhaps the fact I am looking at all is what I am doing wrong. Still, being a solitary witch for so long I am starting to feel as though I am ready to start/join a coven. This (aside from childbirth) will be the most difficult thing to accomplish in my life.
I have a very dear friend who I know for a fact is a witch; a powerful, natural witch, like myself. She is so interested in learning more about the Craft but still clings to her Christian dogma. Does anyone know someone like that? However, her Christian friends aren't so accepting of her interest in Wicca, so she is pressured to stuff her gifts down while around them. It's only with me that she opens up and just shines. My point being that she is a natural witch, and I would love to start a coven with her. She is so beautiful, inside and out, she just radiates that something special. I want so badly for her to accept her witch destiny and be proud of it, like all us witches are.
I have another friend, my best friend in fact, who is a Catholic. I suspect she is a Curandera, or a white witch that uses Catholic symbolism. Upon meeting her, one would never presume that b/c she is so open-minded and witchy. She has done countless rituals with me, including a sweat lodge session. (More on that another time). She is so open to the Craft that I wouldn't be surprised if she came out and told me she was a Curandera all along :) I would love to be in a coven with her.
As much as I want these women in my future coven, I am starting to see that perhaps they aren't b/c they aren't meant to be. I digress...
So what/who is it that I am looking for? I suppose I'll know when I see it. Although Wicca (as a religion) is protected by our constitution and the last witch trial was in 1973 in California, I still sense that a lot of witches are still "hiding in their broom closets". I wish they weren't for my own selfish reasons. I really want to meet other dedicated witches, and listen to their stories, and share my thoughts with them. Maybe by writing this blog I will get some feedback.

I know what you mean about going out to search and still not finding what you may be looking for. Try living in Oklahoma.... I have found many via blogland to talk with yet it is not the same as having a friend in front of you.
ReplyDeleteIf I lived in OK I would be your in-person wiccan buddy, lol :) It's possible that I'm not getting what I'm wanting b/c I'm not ready yet. Don't get me wrong, I would never challenge someone's belief in wicca, but at times it seems that some younger generations call themselves "wiccans" b/c it's rebellious or "cool", without having any connection to the Goddess at all! For example, I have a young wiccan woman who lives not that far from me and despite the countless times I've messaged her trying to spark a conversation, she never replies. I've checked out her page and it doesn't seem that she's as serious as she claims. I know... I shouldn't judge a book by it's cover but somehow she just comes off as flighty. I am keeping my hopes high however, just as you should! I know that somehow you will find your wiccan buddy...
ReplyDelete