A little about me...

My photo
Merry Meet! My name is Sonja and I'm a proud and honored practitioner of Neo-Pagan Dianic Wicca/Witchcraft. Dianic Witchcraft (sometimes known as "Feminist Witchcraft") combines elements of British Traditional Wicca, Italian folk magic, feminist values, rituals, and healing magic. I worship the Goddess only (honoring male deities as Her consort when required). This blog was developed as a place where I can freely express myself, both as a Witch and as a woman. I can recall from a very young age I have always had a special connection to Mother Nature (as most Wiccans do), and throughout my adolescence, my interests spread into divination (Runic & Tarot), spell casting, candle magick, herbal medicine and magicks, and afterlife acknowledgement (seeing or communing with ghosts/spirits/elementals). As more Witches "come out of the broom closet", more and more information is available on the subject, the community is growing; not just on Witchcraft but other consciousness-expanding subjects as well. It makes my heart happy to know this renaissance is taking place :) So please, enjoy my rants & raves, whether from Witch or woman :) Blessed Be )O(

Monday, June 28, 2010

Incubus isn't just a great band.

Very Merry Meet Blogfriends :) I'm really putting myself out there with this post. I don't know what the feedback will be... It's about an unsettling experience I had a few months ago. I think I got a visit from an Incubus, but I still hope that I got a visit from Lilith. :::Hoping the crazy police aren't outside my door:::

One night I woke up about 3am to feel (what I thought was) my husband trying to wake me up for a little mid-night nookie. Just so you all know, when I fall asleep, I'm ASLEEP. Waking me up is like waking a hibernating bear. Back to the story... I half-ass roll away from him, grumbling something unintelligible and threatening, and I feel him (or so I think) really trying to get down my undies after I just made it clear I wasn't interested. So I roll over fully, hoping to thwart any further attempt, and for the first time in my 6 yr relationship I feel violated. My husband takes no for an answer,he respects me and my body.

The next day at lunch together, I casually bring it up, asking him if he was trying to get lucky. He looks at me like I have 5 heads, so now I'm really confused... I probe further, asking specifics. Still his answer was "No babe, I was out cold the whole night. I had a great night's sleep." He then is looking at me with concern b/c I'm visibly freaked. He jokes that an incubus came looking for a little action, which I'm sure you can all gauge that I did NOT find funny. At all. Not even a little.

My question to you all out there is have you ever had an experience like this? Am I nuts?! This is the only logical conclusion I could come up with. Either that or I had a run in with Lilith!! Lol :) I would love to know if I am not the only one whose had this experience.

Blessings )O(

P.S.-I don't mean to be rude/insensitive but if you actually got abused by your boyf/husband, I would rather you not talk to me about it, perhaps seeking some professional council for your trauma.

1 comment:

  1. I've recently watched a docu-series called Ghostly Encounters in which a woman had experienced something she referred to as "hag riding". I'm not certain if this is what you experienced, but it certainly sounds quite similiar. There are actually documented accounts of this in the Journals of Psychiatry.

    Perhaps doing a spiritual cleansing with Dragon's Blood Incense or White Sage would be thwart any return.

    ReplyDelete